Ómar Ingi Ómarsson was born 1983 and is a young horsetrainer and certified FT advanced-rider instructor and competition horse trainer. Very early he got infected with the „horse-virus“ and it was noone other than his parents who made it possible for him to continue in this field of interest.
His whole life Ómar has been working more or less with horses, he did so, not only in Iceland but also in Sweden and Germany. In his three-year-stay in Germany Ómar was working on different farms as well as a self employee. During this stay in he did not just learn the german language almost perfectly but also got to make contacts throughtout the country. In 2011 he finished his studies at the University of Hólar and graduated as a young horsetrainer and certified FT advanced-rider instructor and competition horse trainer.
Ómars parents own one of the biggest privately-owned estates in Iceland, Horn in Hornafjörður, where he is now running his own training station. At Horn you can find everything needed for successful horsetraining, a cosy stable, a small ridinghall, oval track and amazing riding paths.
And the success speaks for itself:
• Fákur frá Horni I about 8,5 in A-Flokkur.
• Fjalla-Eyvindur frá Blönduósi about 7 in T2, on the final of Islandsmeisterschaft 2008. Successful on an ice tölt.
• Örvar frá Sauðanesi 7,8 in T2.
• Flygill frá Horni I 8,66 in B-Flokkur, 7,33 in T1, 9,5 für Tölt in breeding.
• Ásgerður frá Horni I about 8,5 in A-Flokkur. Dream note 9,5 for Pass at LM 2012 in Reykjavik.